Monday, July 17, 2017

Monday Morning Star Count - All Orange

Today is a national holiday in Japan - Umi no hi or Sea Day, a day to give thanks for the sea.  I think I will celebrate by going out to eat seafood today.



Week 11 of the temperature quilt July 9 - 15 

84, 86, 85, 86, 82, 86, 87 

It has been hot all over Japan, even Hokkaido where they don't have air conditioning in homes.





Oops, I just noticed I attached this block upside down.  It's okay though because all seven days are orange.


Sarah at Sarah Did It!  is hosting a link up on Wednesdays for those making a temperature hexagon quilt.  Check it out and think about joining in.  You can start at any time.



This is my temperature/color (Fahrenheit) scheme: 

100 + Brown 

90-99 Red  

80-89 Orange 

70-79 Yellow  

60-69 Green  

50-59 Blue 

40-49 Purple 

30-39 Pink 

20-29 White 

10-19 Black 

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela lovely happy hexies,i like that Japan celebrates different things,enjoy your seafood xx

Queeniepatch said...

Endure the heat, enjoy the seafood!

Lisa J. said...

This looks like a fun hexie project. It keeps raining here and it's very humid.

Manuela said...

Wonderful hexie project.
Enjoy the National Holiday Day.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Enjoy your seafood today! Your hexie project is coming along quite nicely. --Andrea

Janie said...

Your hexagons are always superb! Seafood is a good idea, my favorites right now are scallops and oysters.

Beth in IL said...

Love this idea! No quilt for me though. I think I may try a temperature cross stitch project.

Brigitte said...

Hot seems to be the motto of the week as it's getting hot and hotter here as well after a week with low and cool temperatures. Your colourful hexagons looks great.

kiwikid said...

Hope the seafood was good, loving the hexie colours.

Leonore Winterer said...

When it gets hot in Hokkaido, the other prefectures must be boiling! We don't have air conditioning either, though.

Sarah said...

I posted one of my rosettes a little cattywampus as well but it also didn't matter since it was all the same color. Oopies :)