Saturday, April 22, 2017

The Ladies' Set

On Fridays, my last class ends at 5 o'clock. Yesterday, I wanted to go to the Indian restaurant after work.  I asked one of my friends at work to go with me, but she had to work late, so I ended up just going alone. It was too late to invite anyone else to go.  I've been there with different people and I like it. The food is good, it's not expensive, and they remember I don't want butter on my naan. They have cheaper lunch sets in the middle of the day. In the evening there is a different menu, and I get the "Ladies Set".  


First they bring out the salad and soup, and yes, that is corn on the salad.  (Mayonaise and corn are added to everything possible here in Japan.) 

I get vegetable curry - hot, along with naan (no butter), and a lassi to drink.  


The restaurant staff is happy to wrap up what I don't eat to take home, so that I have room for the ice cream.  


Don't ask me if men can order the Ladies' Set because I don't know.

9 comments:

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

Your meal looks interesting. Terry does not eat anything he has never eaten before so we have NEVER gone to an Indian restaurant and probably never will. I think I would like corn on my salad...there is not much I WOULDN'T put on a salad, lol. I KNOW I would love that bread...with butter.
xx, Carol

kiwikid said...

That is interesting Pamela, are they smaller serves for Ladies? Good you can take home what you cant finish.

FUU said...

おいしそう!ラッソかな?
CAT FUU

Anonymous said...

That's so delicious.
Lasso ?

Cat Fuu said...

That's so delicious.
Lasso ?

Pamela said...

Lassi is a yogurt drink - Oishii!

Queeniepatch said...

I would think men can order the meal. It simply means everything comes in smaller portions and will include a dessert, as all ladies are sopposed to love sweets!
Everything looks good. Is the curry very spicy?

Shami Immanuel said...

I always eat butter naan in restaurants. Happy that u liked our food. Since its summer in india we drink lot of chilled sweet lassi.

Leonore Winterer said...

That sounds (and looks!) delicious! I'm craving Indian food now...