Saturday, April 18, 2015

I Can't Stop Myself!

I know I should be finishing, not starting projects, but I just can’t stop myself.  I've had this chart, fabric and perle cotton for quite some time and I felt like starting something new, so here it is.  This is a hardanger design by Linda Driskell called The Elegance of Hardanger Embroidery, an Intermediate Sampler.


 
I’ve already miscounted and had to unstitch several times. I hope it goes smoother after I complete this little center part. I will post my progress soon.

9 comments:

D1-D2 said...

Do you have a picture of what it should look like in the end? I couldn't find one online. What you have so far looks great. I'm sure once you get into the rhythm of it you will have less miscounts :)

Janie said...

Hardanger is a beautiful technique, it looks like you are working on linen?

Beth in IL said...

Glad I am not the only one who likes new starts.

Pamela said...

Yes, 27 count.

Pamela said...

A photo did come with the instructions. I'll take a photo o the photo and post it with my next update on this project.

Queeniepatch said...

It is SO tempting to start new things, and SO hard to be firm! What you have started is looking great, and with the speed at which you sew it will be a finished project before you know it!

Manuela said...

Beautiful start.
Greetings, Manuela

Anthea said...

I've seen this situation being referred to as START-ITIS Pamela x

Wendy said...

It's looking beautiful so far