Monday, December 22, 2014

Monday Morning Star Count - Travel Jewelry Holder

I bought this fabric in August when I was in England with the idea to make a travel jewelry holder with hexagons as a gift, but I hadn’t figured out the details for it at that time. When I got home, I cut the fabric and basted the hexagons, then started stitching them together.  It’s all hand stitched. I was making it up as I went along and wanted the inside and outside to match, so I couldn’t use the machine and get it right. I don’t have any jewelry to travel with, so I don’t know if it is at all practical, but I hope the person I gave it to likes it anyway.

Here are the inside and the outside, hanging with a loop from the top. The ribbon to tie it closed is anchored to the center of one of the hexagon diamonds.



There are three large pockets, two with snaps.  There are six small pockets for rings and earrings. I made a strap across to hold necklaces or bracelets, which can go in the pocket below it.






This is what it looks like when closed and tied.




This was fun to make.  I almost want some jewelry so I can make one for myself.

7 comments:

Blue Moth said...

Lovely! I have no jewellery either - but if I did, I would commission you to make one for me.

Christine said...

I love you color choices. And a cleaver idea. It came out beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Jessica said...

Oh wow, that's super cute!

Allison said...

Now how cute is that? :) Very creative and beautiful!

Sheryl said...

Just love these colours. Happy Christmas Pamela

Karen said...

Such attention to detail! What a beautiful project! I'm betting the recipient is gonna LOVE it!

Queeniepatch said...

What a beautiful idea! You are so clever, Pamela.