Saturday, May 25, 2013

A Treat in the Mail

As we were heading out to go to the garden yesterday afternoon, I looked in the mailbox.

 
Margaret sent me Stitch with the Embroiderers’ Guild magazine!  What a treat! I wanted to sit down and read it right then, but I had to wait until we returned home from the garden. Thank you, Margaret for such a nice surprise.

We had an earlier start on our garden last year.  Ted has a few things sprouting on our balcony, but this year has been very cool and rainy, so we hadn’t been out here sooner. Only a few gardeners have anything planted so far, so we are all in the same boat.  We had such a good time in the garden last year, that we rented twice as much space this year.  I hope it doesn’t end up being too much for us!

 
Lastly, here’s a photo Ted took at a recent aikido practice.  The genki guy getting flipped is the same age as Ted, double nickel.
 

No comments: