Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Time Flies

I’ve always heard that time flies when you are having fun. As of today, I’ve been in Japan a year and it is hard for me to believe it’s been a year already! The day I arrived there was a blizzard – thick blowing snow and two meters already on the ground. After the beautiful flowers in the spring and summer, followed by the colorful autumn leaves, we’ve come full circle to the snow again.

We’ve been extremely fortunate. We’ve experienced so much in this year – travel and festivals and the generosity and hospitality of many people.

A year ago when I left North Carolina, I had no idea what the future held. We’ve had a really good year and look forward to many more!
 





1 comment:

Margaret said...

Congratulations on the first year. I love reading your blog and hearing about all your adventures. While I don't envy you the months of snow, that too brings back happy memories. All the best for your second Hokkaido Christmas.