Friday, December 28, 2012

The Little Toolie Tour (Part 3)

Today – Pins and Needles

This wheat pin cushion was stitched in 1997 and has a flannel backing.


The sampler looking pin cushion is stitched over one and is inside a faux shaker box. It gets a lot of use and is looking a little worse for the wear.


 
I like this crazy quilt pin keep best.  It was a chapter project at an Indianapolis EGA meeting in 1996.

 
This strawberry pin ball is done with rice stitches. Inside the ball is wool yarn.  It was a mini class I took in 1996 at Conner Prairie near Fishers Indiana. They used to have a summer needlework event at Conner Prairie with all different kinds of classes.  The Indianapolis EGA chapter had a table with membership information the first year I went. I joined the guild soon after.

 
This bargello needlebook was another little class from Conner Prairie in 1997. I use this needle book all the time.

I know it is hard to believe I have so many toolies, but they are all so very useful.  I have just a few more to show you.  Please come back tomorrow.

No comments: