Thursday, October 11, 2012

Rabbit in the Moon

I centered the sashiko stitching with blue fabric on each side, then backed it with a piece of Japanese rabbit in the moon print fabric.  I think the rabbit in the moon is something like the man in the moon for children in the US. Our friend Kazu gave this fabric panel to me when we were all in the US a couple of years ago.  This fabric and the sashiko fabric were exactly the same width with finished edges, so that width must be something standard here.
 Here’s how the finished table runner looks on the table next to Ted’s Big American Chair. It is decorative and functional.
 

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Very professional. I think the rabbit pounding rice cakes of immortality in the moon is cute but strange as I too, grew up with the man in the moon! Have a good day.