Tuesday, October 9, 2012

My New Camera

Aren't digital cameras great? You can take lots of pictures and just delete the ones that aren't good. This is the camera I have had and used for years – Olympus Stylus 770 SW. It’s waterproof and shockproof, has a 3x autofocus zoom and 7.1 megapixels and is the size of a deck of cards.


Ted brought me this new camera from the US – Nikon Coolpix, with a 10x zoom and 16 megapixels. It is slightly smaller than the Olympus.


It’s very different from the old camera so I have been trying it out on our walks to the Iris Park and the Bridge Park.

I like the color options feature.

 
Standard Color

 
Vivid Color

 
Black and White

 
Sepia

 
Cyanotype

 
The zoom on the new camera lets me get really close. It’s hard to believe I’m standing in the same place to get these pairs of photos of the cattail and the  bridges.





 
Just so you know, I’m not figuring this out all on my own.  I have help from my favorite photographer.

 
Sashiko
I saw that Mary has finished her sashiko project http://acoloradostitcher.blogspot.jp/2012/10/sashiko-finish-finished.html and I pulled out one of mine.

 
I would like to finish this.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Super photography. I always enjoy your pictures.