Friday, October 12, 2012

Lesson on Maps and Directions

Today in class I’m doing a lesson on maps and on giving directions. I think it will be something useful and fun.  One of the challenges of this class is that they are not all at the same level. This is a required class for second year university students and even though they have all had years of English in middle and high school, they are all at different levels.  On top of that there are several athletes who are on teams that travel for competitions and miss class and others who have field trips with other classes and miss class. We often do work in pairs and small groups.  I try to match up those who have stronger skills with those who don’t and those who were in class the week before with those who weren’t.  I try to be flexible and I realize what I plan for the lesson isn’t what always happens.  The students are very enthusiastic and helpful.

I finished another small project, a DMC beginning hardanger kit.  I don’t know when I started it, but I’m sure it was a very long time ago. This is how it looked when I pulled it out.


It worked up very quickly.  Here it is with the stitching finished.

 
Here it is made into a little bag. I might put a little bag of lavender inside.


No comments: