Friday, October 26, 2012

Japanese Chickadee and Pink Rose Ornament

We grew sunflowers in our garden this summer and Ted put the seed heads on our balcony to dry.  A little chickadee or maybe several have been flying in and taking one seed at a time.  I sat inside and with my new camera’s zoom lens took these pictures.







 
This was a little thing that I had started a long time ago on the extra fabric of the pink hardanger doily (that I recently finished).

I picked it up yesterday and finished the last few white stitches, added a spider web rose with silk ribbon and finished it into this little ornament (about 2.5 inches on each side). I backed the ornament with a pink bali print fabric.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

What a marvellous way to attract the birds. Thanks for sharing the photos. The ornament is really cute - I'm afraid that ribbon embroidery and I do not get along even for one flower! Enjoy your weekend.

Terri said...

Love the chickadee pictures! And that ornament is very pretty!

I'm really enjoying reading your blog!