Thursday, June 7, 2012

Blueberry Cheesecake

Well, we don’t have a pie plate, so I made it in a bowl.  I don’t know what the foil is about, but I lined the bowl with it like the directions showed.   The crust mix clumped together so I didn’t add any butter.  Later, I thought the 7.5 cc might have been for water or milk to add to the crust mix. It was too late to do anything about it at that point. The filling came out like I expected – 100 cc of milk is less than ½ cup.   I put big frozen blueberries on top as a sort of disguise. It wasn’t the best birthday cake, but Ted said he liked it.

What do you know, the blueberries came from California!



Library observation
When I’m sitting at the library table, I look around and watch people writing in kanji.  Most of them use a fine mechanical pencil and can write a string of fancy characters faster than I can write in English cursive. A few days ago I noticed there were no left handed kanji writers, so I’ve been watching since then.  So far, no left handers in the Hokkaido library.  Are there truly no left handed people in Hokkaido?  This is another of the mysteries of Hokkaido.

No comments: