Friday, January 5, 2018

Kofu Castle

On Friday December 22nd, I had a holiday due to the Emperor's birthday on Saturday, so I took a three day castle holiday, using my Seishun 18 Kippu. I left on the 6:08 am train.



I could see Mt. Fuji from the train.



I got off the train in Kofu and the castle area was only a short walk from the train station. The castle here was originally established in 1582.









Inside the Turret is a small museum.
































After visiting Kofu, I returned to the train station and headed to Matsumoto.


(If you are interested in Japanese Castles, check out my Castle Page to see the castles I've visited.)


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela,lots of wonderful pics my friend ,its good that they have english on the signs as well for you,hope you have a lovely day xx

Queeniepatch said...

I learn so much from your blog - I didn't know there was a castle in Kofu.

Radka said...

Thank you for sharing your interesting trip with us. It seems that you had a lovely day for it too.
xx

diamondc said...

Pamela: What a beautiful trip you had, thank-you for sharing with us.

Blessings
Catherine

Leonore Winterer said...

How nice of the Emperor to give everyone a day off for his birthday. Kofu castle looks interesting - do you know why there are so many dragon fish?