Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Work in Progress Wednesday -Starting Bag Construction

I've been doing more thinking than constructing, but I want it to be good, so I have to think about it first.  Here is the woven piece folded over and laid out with the handles (nothing joined yet).  



I picked apart the sleeve of a kimono to use for the lining. I like the sparkle design.  I cut out the lining - the bottom is the fold on the right. 




I thought I would add a pocket inside, but this fabric is very difficult to put a needle through.  I'm still thinking about the pocket.    Maybe I'll actually start the construction by next time.

9 comments:

Janie said...

I like your plan. The 'thinking' part is a lot of fun, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela i think this is going to be a lovely bag,love the colours.

Bev C said...

Hello Pamela,

Gorgeous fabrics for the bag, using the Kimino lining is a wonderful idea, Happy sewing.

Bev

chitra said...

Seems like a good plan for bag. I love the thinking part too.

Beth in IL said...

I don't like the thinking part. I am all about doing which is probably why my sewing projects don't turn out! Love your bag. It will be nice.

kiwikid said...

This bag is looking very interesting, great colours you are using.

Brigitte said...

Wow, such great colours for your bag. And the lining fabric is just gorgeous. You are right - all the thinking before makes it easier to do the assembling.

Queeniepatch said...

The lining will be great for the beautiful weave. Slippery fabric helps to put things into and take them out of the bag.

FlashinScissors said...

Your bag plan is great! I like the colours, and, yes, the lining will certainly make it easier to put things in and take them out again!