Thursday, March 17, 2016

Nihongo Kaiwa Kurabu

I've been trying to find a Japanese language class that doesn't conflict with my work schedule, but so far no luck.  I did find the Japanese Conversation Club at the international center.  I went for the first time last week and it was very fun.  It was a mixture of Japnese native speakers and people wanting to practice their Japanese (like me).  I plan to continue going and hope to get better with practice.


I've also been trying to practice my Japanese when I'm out and about.  In the grocery store, I ask where the coffee or the eggs or something else is.  I tell the store worker I don't read kanji and ask if something has meat in it.  I greet people I come in contact with and try to answer their questions.  I know it small stuff, but that's what I have now.  I really want to find a class!

4 comments:

Margaret said...

I well remember that's how I started too. Also I paid a local housewife who had no English to give me lessons. That was very effective too and might suit your schedule. Could your school help you find such? Good luck.

Unknown said...

I think the Conversation Club will be a great way to practice your Japanese. I really do believe the best way to learn a new language is to use it in every day life. That small stuff seems to be a great way to learn every day

Thoeria said...

I think it's fantastic that you're making such an effort to improve your language skills! I'm useless with other languages....only english and the local Afrikaans.....
I remember when the tv series "Shogun"played I was absolutely enthralled by the culture and language and read the book....writing down the phrases.....it's such a beautiful lyrical language I think :)

Queeniepatch said...

Melinda is so right - use a bit of 'small stuff' on a daily basis and you will improve big time! How about looking for someone who's interested in embroidery. Then using Japanese will be even more fun!