Saturday, September 5, 2015

The Alphabet Club - B

(For the full story on what this is, check out The Alphabet Club.)

This month, my “B” word is the Japanese noun Bara, which means rose. The town I live in is famous for its rose garden and the rose is the town’s symbol.  When we first came to Japan, I pulled out this blackwork piece that I had started when I was in the US.  It didn’t take long to finish it, but I have yet to do something with it.  Any ideas?  Maybe a bag or a wall hanging?  I don’t know.

 

Check back on the first Saturday of next month for my “C” word.  You can read about the words of the other participants here. 

12 comments:

KimM said...

Your blackwork is GORGEOUS!!! I love this pattern! I vote for a wall hanging.
xx

rosey175 said...

o wow, this is lovely! I'm not sure how big it is, but it would make an amazing book/iPad cover. But anything you make is always amazing so looking forward to your creativity :D

Lin said...

Gorgeous. I do love blackwork and you have a lovely variety of stitches in this piece. xx

Manuela said...

Wonderful rose. I would make a pillow.
Greetings, Manuela

Janie said...

Beautiful work, Pamela, as always!

jocondine said...

Glad to find a new blog on my Alphabet Club Tour and in Japan! Love your rose, I would sew it in the middle of a pillow or a curtain with some matching black fabrics. Amitiés xxx

Unknown said...

Your blackwork rose is lovely, I guess I would put it into some lovely black vintage frame.

Kaisievic said...

Lovely blackwork, Pamela.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Another new follower from The Alphabet Club. Live your blackwork, the Rose is so detailed.

Brigitte said...

Oh Pamela, this is just stunning. Such a wonderful piece, and the Blackwork stitching also fits as a B letter word :)

D1-D2 said...

Beautiful piece. It would look pretty on a bag.

Renee said...

This black work rose is stunningly gorgeous! Beautiful work!