Friday, September 12, 2014

Very Good Medical News

Today is two weeks since my surgery.  At a week and a half after surgery and a week after going home (when I should have still been in the hospital according to my pre-surgery meeting with the doctors), I went back to meet with my two doctors and I received very good news.  In fact, it’s hard to imagine how the news could have been better.  Previously I was told my cancer was stage II, but when I met with my doctors this week, I was told it was stage I.  They are cautiously optimistic and think I won’t need any additional treatment.  My doctors said I was strong and agreed with me about being a fast healer. They said my incision looks good.  My blood work was good.  I have had no issues with pain, bleeding, constipation, lymphedema, or any other problems associated with this kind of abdominal surgery.  I’ve been walking every day and avoiding lifting anything. Everything now is good.  I have an appointment to come back for a check-up and tests in two months, and I think I’ll be even better then. 

Thank you for all of your concern, prayers, and good thoughts.  I do appreciate you all!

12 comments:

Lorri said...

What great news! So happy to hear this.

KimM said...

Oh, what FABULOUS news!!! Take care -
hugs
xxx

Margaret said...

Great news. I hope the healing continues to a full and complete recovery.

Lisa J. said...

Great news Pamela.

Mizumatte said...

very happy news, you really are fast healing, may Lord give you full healing.Jaana

Queeniepatch said...

What better news can we get this morning?
I am SO HAPPY for you!

Blue Moth said...

Smiling as I read this. Great news!

Manuela said...

I'm so happy for you. Great news!

Have a nice weekend, Manuela

Anonymous said...

Happy news! Walking is healing.

D1-D2 said...

I'm so happy to hear your good news :D

Beth in IL said...

Glad to hear the good news. Hope this gives you lots of stitching time.

Wendy said...

So happy that all is well with you! Will continue to pray for the return of your strength...