Friday, September 19, 2014

Ups and Downs

I had been feeling pretty good after surgery until a few days ago, when I started having pain and pressure in my lower abdomen.  I contacted the doctor and she had me come in for a blood test, x-ray, and ultrasound.  She said I have fluid collecting because of the removal of the lymph nodes.  This causes inflammation and infection, so I am taking antibiotics.  I haven’t felt much like stitching or doing much of anything really.  So far I have been able to take a walk each day, although some days it has been a slow short walk.  Ted went to the United States on the 10th and is staying three weeks, so it's good that I don’t have much to do as far as housekeeping.  I’m not so good with this being sick thing.  Even though I know I need to take it easy and heal, I feel like I am just wasting time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel a bit better soon, xxx

Lisa J. said...

Try to take it easy...maybe a good book would help. Hope you feel better soon.

Queeniepatch said...

Oh, dear, this doesn't sound so good. If it is an infection and inflammation it will pass so you should take your medicine, take it easy and be patient. Do you sleep well? Can you take a nap? Sleep is a great healer. I would also recommend you to continue with your walks and maybe watch a lot of films to give your mind a rest.
Thinking of you!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are still under the weather a bit.Healing is so very important, and it is such a a hard thing... to let go, take care and rest. Thinking of you in Chicago.

Thoeria said...

No matter where inthe world they may be...it seems all women are gentically programmed to always want to be "doing" , even when they are ill and really do need time out.
The stitching will come when the time is right for it. Slow walks is a good way to get out a bit so you don't end up feeling all cooped up! Have a wonderful, restful weekend x

Monica said...

I've been very behind on my blog reading. While catching up this morning, I read about your diagnosis, surgery, etc.... Just want you to know that my heart goes out to you. Please take care of yourself. Housework should be at the bottom of your to do list. Remember that while you are "wasting time" your body is busy healing. Sending hugs your way.