Sunday, September 7, 2014

Royal School of Needlework Class

Part of my UK trip was to attend the canvas landscape class at the Royal School of Needlework. The class was held at the RSN in Hampton Court Palace.


Our classroom was on the fourth floor

This is the view from our classroom
There were eight students in my class, although one person had to leave early the first day and never returned. There were two other Americans, one Japanese woman from Kyoto, and four English women. The teacher was Rachel Doyle, the authoress of the RSN canvaswork book.




 
For my subject, I chose a photo Ted took of some local rice fields.  After working two days on my piece, I was unhappy with the stitches used for the water in the rice field, so on day three, I started a new piece. I hope to be reporting on the progress of this piece on Wednesdays as soon as I feel up to working on it again.




 
Here are some photos I took around the grounds of Hampton Court Palace.







3 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Oh, I wish I had been there with you!

Manuela said...

Wonderful photos form your England-Trip.

Greetings, Manuela

Anonymous said...

Tennis, gardens and needlework - those Royals know how to live.