Saturday, September 20, 2014

Bath Summer Textile School - Janet Bolton Class

I took two classes (two days each) at the Bath Summer Textile School last month.  The first was with tutor Janet Bolton and was held at the American Museum.

 
It was a folksy applique, do your own thing, kind of class. Everyone brought what they thought they might need to work with, not knowing what they would be making.  I brought a lot less than most but still had much more than I needed.  Working from the outside in, we made frames, then filled them in.


Near the end of the second day, we had a “show and tell” so everyone could see everyone else’s projects. 



This is mine - with a lot more to do!







 
I haven’t worked on mine since I returned home, but I hope to work on it again soon.  I liked this technique and will probably do something with it again.

3 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

I spoke to JB and saw her fantastic work at Yokohama International Quilt Week last year, where she was a guest exhibitor. Many of her stitched pieces illustrate children's books and included small pieces of real objects, pieces of wood and twigs.
Did you find it difficult to work on something without a plan?

Janie said...

Classes are always so inspiring, great opportunity for you!

KimM said...

WOW! Amazing. Thank you for posting the pictures. Can hardly wait to see yours!!!
hugs
xxx