Friday, February 28, 2014

End of the School Year

In Japan, the school year runs from April to March, with a little break in March between school years.  At the last class meeting of the school year, my music English students at the University gave me these beautiful and very delicious cookies.  Sweet of them, don’t you think?

 

I will be teaching these same Music students and a new group of Outdoor Life students at the University when the new school year begins. I really enjoy the university students, and it doesn’t hurt to only have to travel across the street for classes.

I still have a few more weeks of classes left at the children's English school in Sapporo and I have opted not to renew my contract for another year.  Having to travel to Sapporo in the winter weather, never being sure if I’d be able to get home, sealed the deal.

2 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Charming cookies! Good decision on next year's work schedule!

Thoeria said...

Very sweet of them!