Sunday, September 15, 2013

More Knots in the Niwa

Yesterday was rainy in the morning, so I worked on the Garden before we headed out to the festivals later in the day. I made more knots and have many more to do. I finished the red and started the yellow and did a few more in the green wool.  I've discovered the cause of my flowers' unruliness - I'm putting too many knots in each space.  I don't mind the garden being unruly because of too many flowers, though.

upper right

lower left

top left and right

entire garden
Working on this garden has me thinking about another needlework knot garden I have started but haven't worked on in awhile.  This one was started in a class at the Royal School of Needlework a few years back.  It's a large piece on a slate frame. That big wad of green wool will later be a hedge.  The loops of the turkey work will be trimmed.






 
Maybe I’ll work on it next.  So many projects….
I'll write about the festival-going later in the week when I get the pictures sorted.

1 comment:

Queeniepatch said...

You have so many project on the go at the same time! My head would spin! Both gardens are beautiful, so keep up the good work.
Hurry out to your festival; heavy rain in Tokyo is heading your way, I would imagine.