Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday Morning Star Count - Just Like Snowflakes

No two flowers will be alike.  I’ve started making piles of flowers with the same petal fabrics, so that I'm sure to make the inside fabrics of those flowers different.  So far I have 18 different petal fabrics and a few more than that on the insides of the flowers because I had some small scraps of fabric that weren't big enough to get six hexagons out of them.  I have 52 flowers made and I still don’t know how many more flowers I need to make a quilt. Check out everyone else's epp projects and learn how you can join in at Life Under Quilts.




13 comments:

Queeniepatch said...

Looking good! There are no two blue shades alike in this quilt!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! A field of wonderful blues waiting to be picked (or sewn together). I love the element of not knowing how many you need, or when to stop. How are you planning on putting them together? Must go to sleep -- then face writing my own Monday morning post that won't report huge progress, alas... but I'll face that tomorrow evening. Happy stitching! JJ

Margaret said...

I love the blues - and admire your patience in hand piecing.

Jessica said...

Wow, you've been busy! Great job~
(btw, I don't eat Natto either.. and it took me years before I ate ume boshi, but now I love them)

Grit said...

This is a lot of blue flowers. I love your blue flowers.

Manuela said...

Beautiful Hexagons. I love your blue fabrics.

Greetings, Manuela

Helen said...

Beautiful blue hues and they all go together perfectly!

Wendy said...

Very lovely color choices you have made...this will be a lovely quilt...what size hexi are you using?

Pamela said...

I don't really know how I'll put them together, but I'll have to think about it soon because I need to reuse these paper hexagons (or buy more).

Pamela said...

They are 26 mm. Blue is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I know that feeling! I just ordered some more to delay the decision... Procrastinating masquerading as creative process, in my case, probably! But it's fun to see the pile grow. Keep going! JJ

Teresa @ Aurea's Kitchen said...

52 already? that is a lot of paper piecing¡¡¡ What about white hexies to sew the blue flowers together? It will be a lovely quilt no matter your choice of design¡¡

Susana Neiger said...

Beautiful progress! It's going to be a lovely quilt!