Sunday, June 9, 2013

Has the Neko Chan Returned?

Last summer we found a cute little cat, or maybe I should say it found us.  Ted built a little house and we fed and played with it.  One day it just disappeared and we never saw the Neko Chan again.

One of our friends saw a black and white cat at the fence between our apartment and the university and sent this picture by email, asking if this kitty was a friend of ours. 

 
Neko Chan, is that you?

Could it be the Neko Chan?  I was on my way out the door to Sapporo for Japanese class and didn't have time to investigate, but Ted went out and looked around, but could find hide nor hair of the kitty. Our friend said the kitty looked well fed but dirty.  We’ll all continue to watch out to see if this kitty is our old friend.

Cats teach Japanese
There are a lot of cute and funny cat videos on the internet.  I’m especially fond of Maru on YouTube.  I don’t usually share them, but this article on Rocket News 24 is educational, as well as cute and funny.  If I hadn’t seen this, I wouldn’t have believed it – you can learn Japanese with cat videos.

No comments: