Friday, May 10, 2013

Some Bananas, A Panda, and A Bunch of Crazy Stitches

My neighbor and I have been working on a penny purse project.  We spent some time working on a doodle cloth, trying out basic stitches and combining them with other stitches.  Then we worked on the patchwork part.  She was gone last week for Golden Week and brought me back omeyage - these banana treats and a Panda that came from the National Zoo in Tokyo.

 


This week we began “embellishing”, which is my favorite part of a crazy quilt project.  There aren’t any rules and you can use whatever you like. If you don’t like what you’ve done, you add more to it to change it into something else. She may be finished with her crazy stitches by next week, but I always have a hard time knowing when to stop. I think we are off to a great start.

No comments: