Wednesday, April 10, 2013

TAST 61 - Up and Down Feathered Buttonhole Stitch

This week on Sharon B’s Pintangle blog, the featured stitch for Take A Stitch Tuesday is the Up and Down Feathered Buttonhole Stitch, which is another new one for me.  It took me a bit to figure out the rhythm of the stitch, but once I did, I found I really like it.
Here’s my first try at it.
 

Next, I tried varying the stitch length.
 

Finally, I tried a sample adding some red individual chain stitches for flowers and a few woven detatched chain stitches and individual chain stitches for leaves.
 

(All stitches done with #8 perle cotton.)

1 comment:

Queeniepatch said...

I can see that the stitch is 'growing on you'. It is a great stitch to combine with others, as you have proved, but attractive on its own as well.