Wednesday, March 6, 2013

TAST 56 Sailor Stitch and 57 Sailor Edging Stitch

This week two stitches are shown on Sharon B’s Pintangle Blog for Take a Stitch Tuesday – the sailor stitch and the sailor edge stitch.  They are very similar and not stitches I had tried before.

Sailor Stitch
I tried the stitch out on the same 28 count even weave fabric as last week’s stitch with #5 perle cotton, first with a small stitch, then with a larger stitch. (I have the fabric folded over to block out last week's stitch.)

 
Next I tried it with #8 perle cotton, first the stitch alone, then with French knots.

 
Sailor Edge Stitch
Using #8 perle cotton, I stitched it alone, then back to back.

2 comments:

Shami Immanuel said...

Nice try. Well done.

www.shamiatcraft.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

lovely samples.