Monday, December 17, 2012

Hair Color in Hokkaido

The hair color of my students changes week to week.  One week they all came in with black hair.  The next some had already changed to brown or a reddish hue.  I never see anyone with blond hair here though.

When I lived in the US, I had my hair highlighted every three or four months.  I would do it here if I could, but blond doesn’t seem to be an option in Hokkaido.  After being here over a year now, it is much more grey and much less blond.  In addition to not having it highlighted, I hadn’t had it trimmed since I left the US and the ends were getting rather ragged.  My friend Alicia brought her hair scissors and evened up the ends for me.  I wish it were so easy to fix the color.

 

I’ve written before about reading books on my iPod.  Being very frugal, I download the free books and have been happy with the number of books I have to choose from that don’t cost anything.  I just finished The Invisible Man by H. G. Wells.  I read it when I was much younger but had forgotten much of it.  It’s a quick read.  If you haven’t read it, or if it has been a long time since you have, read it.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh Pamela, how well I remember my struggles with hairdressers in Japan. Blond may be a problem but believe me short dark fine hair can be a nightmare too! What sort of books do you like to read?

Pamela said...

I like mysteries and biograhies best but have been enjoying the classics lately.