Saturday, November 10, 2012

Squirrels in Hokkaido

The spring flowers here were spectacular, but the fall colors are every bit as beautiful.  I’ve seen colorful autumn scenery in the US, but nothing I’ve ever seen compares with the fall colors in Hokkaido.







One of the parks near where we live has a small lake with two islands.  One has trees and tall grasses and seems to be for the ducks to live on. 






The other has a tea house and has several bridges that go over the water to get to it.  I call this park the bridge park.





It could also be called the squirrel park because many of them live here.  The squirrels here have long hair on their ears.  I think this confirms my assertion that hair grows faster in Hokkaido.


 
 This is a popular place for photographers and dogs with their people.




 
I continue to be thankful for being able to live here in Hokkaido with Ted.


3 comments:

Sun City Stitcher said...

Beautiful photos! Thanks for sharing.

Margaret said...

Autumn colours are wonderful in Hokkaido. I still remember the fantastic displays at Lake Shikotsu. How fortunate you are to have such wonderful parks right at hand to enjoy and thank you for sharing the photographs with us.

Rhiannon said...

What a beautiful fall! I love the squirrels!