Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sonoko has Hair

I’ve been working on Sonoko and she’s coming along nicely.  Her hair is done with DMC rayon thread, as are her lips.

 
I still have a long way to go, but I am already thinking about the finishing and how difficult it will be.  I recently saw a dog ornament on another blog.  Some background was done in tent stitch and the ornament was finished in a shape instead of going around the head and individual legs.  Maybe I could do an oval shape to make it easier.  What do you think?

2 comments:

The Chilly Hollow Needlepoint Adventure said...

Make an oval. They are easy to hand sew together. Making those little jogs for feet, edge of kimono, etc. is harder.

Margaret said...

Have you thought of a bullet shape - an oval with a flat base? From experience I know that a complicated shape is hard and not always satisfying.