Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Culture Event

Saturday afternoon we attended what we were told was “The Japanese Culture Event”.  We weren’t sure what it was, and to tell the truth we still aren’t.  This is the program cover and a page from it.

 
I was interested in the hula dancing and am surprised it is so popular here.  Who knew?





 There were also singers and musicians on the big stage.


 The ikebana and horticulture exhibits were very interesting.





 
As I’ve said before, there are always new things to see and do here.

What am I stitching today?
I picked out this cross stitch dragonfly kit to work on for awhile.  I don’t remember when I started it or why I didn’t complete it.  There may be a counting mistake.  We’ll see.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

Japanese Hula dancing?? I live in the Pacific and would never have imagined that. My understanding was that these Culture days showcased Japanese culture - hence ikebana, bonsai, calligraphy, singing etc The chrysanthemums are grown to amazing sizes aren't they.