Saturday, August 25, 2012

A New Roof

The big excitement in our neighborhood is the house across the street from our apartment is getting a new roof. A lot of buildings were damaged last winter by the weight of all the snow we had and that was probably what happened to this one.

First the workers put scaffolding and netting all around the house. 


Next this giant crane thing started pulling off the pieces of the existing roof.





I don’t know how long it takes to put the new roof on, but I hope they get it done before it rains.  If they had known about the Neko-chan’s house, they probably would have consulted with Ted before beginning to work on that house’s roof.

3 comments:

Barb S said...

Hi Pamela, It's great to catch up with you and read about your adventurous months in Japan. I received an email tonight from Carolyn Barrett about the AOPi Kickoff Picnic and she mentioned your blog so I thought I would check it out. From what I've seen so far you both have learned and experienced many new things. I liked the Big American Store, that's funny and the big jug of Pine Sol. I will plan to visit again and read more. I see your post is Saturday and it is bedtime Friday here in Cary NC. Have a gret weekend and Hi to Ted!

Rodney Orton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.